Friday, December 16, 2005

"We're so sorry, Uncle Albert"



For anyone running iTunes on the Mac, pearlyrics is an absolute must have application. It's a simple, small and easy to use companion app that automatically looks up and retrieves the lyrics of the song that's playing in iTunes. I used it a few months ago to grab text for the all songs contained in my favorite playlists (since then I've stopped singing: "I believe in Bilko's, you sexy thang" everytime Hot Chocolate plays :-)

A few weeks ago pearlyrics faced serious legal threats by Warner/Chappell Music that would have shut them down. This apology for bullying a small Austrian software developer comes as very welcome news for music fans everywhere...

Link via BoingBoing

Also, take a minute to check out: " 'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy "